Pages

Sadie Hawkins Dance

Yeah so like no. I asked this guy to the Sadie's dance at school. Its one of those big grind fests. I asked him using Krispie Kreme donuts with a sign on the outside that said “I donut know if you want to go with me to Sadies” and the inside said “but it’d be really sweet if you did”.



I asked him on Tuesday and he said “I’d love to” which was pretty adorable. So then I texted him on Thursday about the twinning theme and the conversation was pretty blah. Like not awkward but nothing interesting, special, flirty, nothing. So then comes the dance and I got there before him. I was hot. Like I was the sexiest I’ve ever been. My shirt was pretty open, I had short shorts on, my hair was straight, my makeup was pristine. 


So I see him and it was like awkward when we stood there next to each other kind of talking. He asked about the swim meet I had today and I told him that the boys teams won but the girls lost. I asked him about his baseball game and he said they won finally. Then I kinda talked to Sadie while he kinda talked to his friends. Then the DJ got the music started, like the actual grinding music, and it took him a minute or two but he finally asked if I wanted to dance. I said yes of course. So we grinded. At first I think we were pretty off rhythm a lot. I’d find myself staring off and thinking about something else and I’d forget about moving with him. We kind of settled in and got like deeper into the grinding stance. It was good. He kept his hands on my hips. I like circular motions but I don’t think he was a fan of it. He liked the side to side better. A couple of times I grabbed his hands, just because I felt like it, but he didn’t really respond to it. We’d relocate ourselves every once in a while when people got too close. Sometimes I’d lean back into him because I liked feeling his chest against my back but I think he thought he should move back if I do that. 


When we went to get water the first two times, we said barely anything to each other. It was so awkward. The silence does not suit us like I thought it would. The third time, I asked him “So whats new?” “Nothing much” awkward silence “hah this is so awkward” and he responded “haha yeah I know” and then I said “just talk to me!” in a nice/cute way and he said “Idk what to talk to you about. There’s nothing new. Just the same old stuff.” At that point it was like wow this is a lost cause, so we went back in and danced again. We were sweaty messes. It was a ridiculously tropical environment in the small gym like it was SO hot and humid. I started with straight hair and ended up with curls by the end. 


A lot of his friends would walk by and be like high fiving him so I think they were impressed that he got a date to the dance. I liked that people were supportive of us but I don’t think us is a thing based on how he was tonight. At one point they started playing Summertime Sadness and it started out slow so we (and everyone else) thought it was going to be a slow song so we got in position for that (he was nasty sweaty and so was I) and I had my hands on his shoulders but like wrapped around them from the side, kind of like a hug and he had his hands on my waist. Then the song turned into a grinding song and he kind of smiled and said “well that's not what I thought it would be” and we went back to grinding. When we were grinding it was fine, comfortable, pleasant. But when we weren’t dancing it was like instantly awkward. When the DJ played the last song and said it was time to go home, he just kind of let go of me and I turned and hugged him and said thank you which was (just guess) awkward.


I really made an effort. Like 70% of the total effort. I think he just does not know how to talk/act/be around girls. Like if he was open to fixing or working on it then I’d totally be into him. But from how he was tonight, he either doesn’t like me or doesn’t know how to be around girls. Ugh. That could've gone better. He's the cutest boy ever.

Leave a Reply