Pages

Living Somewhere New

As a girl who has traveled the world, I can tell you where I’m meant to be. I don’t need to travel any more to find out where I know I belong. But lately I’ve been considering new places. Tumblr is full of these pictures of gorgeous places and ideas about traveling. It never appealed to me to take a gap year and “find out who I really am” via globetrotting. I think it might be the Army BRAT in me but I want to live places. I want to try living on the Carolina coastline. Or maybe Alabama might be a cool place to be for a few years. I know for college I want to go back to the midwest because that is where home and my heart is. But who knows. As of this week, I’ve been fantasizing about working at a nursing home in North Carolina and living in a small house near the beach. I picture the kind of life where you wear your monogram jewelry and pearls no matter what the occasion. One where you take a book and a lawn chair to the beach and stay as long as you like. I just went to Santa Cruz last weekend and I saw how happy everyone was even though it was winter. The ocean just gets to you and I want it to get to me.

Leave a Reply