Pages

Love Yourself First


We all know the saying "You must love yourself before you can love another" or some version of the same meaning. The trouble comes when you think you love yourself just fine but yet you still don't feel like you can be in love with another person. I don't know what I can do to put myself in the right position to be able to love someone. I was talking to my friend Olivia (lingeringfingertips.blogspot.com) and we said that we should spend time this summer learning to love ourselves which I am excited for. I guess I just don't know where I should focus on this subject. I feel pretty comfortable with myself and I don't know what kinds of steps I'm supposed to take to love myself even more. Maybe I have my motive wrong. I shouldn't want to love myself more because I want to be able to love someone else, I should do it for myself. But isn't it doing it for myself if I want to make myself ready to give love? 

Feel free to tell me what you think on the subject. I'm at a loss as to how to deal with this. 

Leave a Reply